X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEL MAR "MORNING LINE AND COMMENTS" FOR THURSDAY - 8/9/2018

CONSENSUS CHOICE
    AUGUST 9. 2018

Here is the full card in Morning Line order. The ML can be very useful depending on the Track Morning Line maker. However, unless you handicap the races or have a basis of comparison it can be difficult to use profitability. You do have the actual betting to help guide you. Also some of the wagering platforms give you their selections for free.

I can no longer give you my Betting Line or Selections (not by my choice). What I can give you are my Comments on the Morning Line choices. Understand that just because a horse does not receive a comment is not a negative and does not lessen his chances of winning. It only means that his odds of winning seem to be in agreement with his Morning Line. REMEMBER THAT THE TOP 3 ML HORSES OR BETTING FAVORITES USUALLY WIN 2/3 OF ALL THE RACES, SO THEY SHOULD ALWAYS BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Let me explain my terminology in the Comments column. CC HORSE is the horse I expected to be the top choice but he is not the Morning Lone Choice. While this kind of horse can be a great bet, there are times when he just builds the pot for the ML favorite. $$$ HORSE means I believe this ML Top 4 horse has an excellent chance to win shince he seems to be solidly backed by both the ML and the Pro's. OVERLAY means that this horse is well regarded by the Morning Line but the Crowd will likely overlook him and he may go off at odds higher than he should. VALUE PLAY means I feel this horse is rated too low in the Morning Line. PRICE PLAY is a horse that should exceed there odds and may be worth a small wager and should be an exotics player. LONGSHOT is a horse or horses that are 10/1 or higher in the Morning Line that I believe are "live" and have a good shot at finishing in the money and could win at a big price.

As always, Exotic wagering is the best way to make a a big score at the track, however it can be an expensive proposition. It can be helpful to find partners to help you share the risk so you can play more combinations which give you a better chance to hit big payoffs. Whether you prefer Horizontal wagers, (DD or Pick-3.4.5.6) or Vertical wagers (Exactas, Trifectas, Superfectas or Super Hi-5's), make sure you include both highly regarded horses as well as Longshots to give you the best chance to make "Big" money. The more you follow the crowd, the smaller the payoffs.

Good Luck!

************ ****************************** *************** **************** ******************
    DEL MAR RACE 1
    PG # Horse ML Odds Betting Odds Comments
    2 Buckstopper Kit 2
    4 Platinum Equity 3 $$$ HORSE
    7 So Long Sailor 7/2
    3 He's Like Violence 5 OVERLAY
    6 Jack and I 6
    5 Typhoon Harry 10
    1 Lolly Express 15
    ************ ****************************** *************** **************** ******************
    DEL MAR RACE 2
    6 Gentrified 5/2 $$$ HORSE
    2 Calvert Street 3
    5 Bitte 7/2
    3 Monterey Shale 4 OVERLAY
    1 Stormin Monarcho 4 OVERLAY
    4 Sense of Glory 8
    DEL MAR RACE 3
    4 Radish 9/5
    3 Weather Market 7/2
    7 Has Angel Wings 5 OVERLAY
    5 Unusual Gold 6
    1 Charmingslew 6
    2 Midnight Crossing 10 LONGSHOT
    8 Dashing Debut 10
    6 Into Rissa 15
    DEL MAR RACE 4
    5 Lookie Loo 2
    3 Conqueror 5/2 CC HORSE
    2 Ike Walker 7/2 $$$ HORSE
    1 Giant Influence 4 OVERLAY
    4 Sheer Flattery 4 OVERLAY
    DEL MAR RACE 5
    4 Heaven Escape 3
    3 Take a Leap 4
    8 Chalky 9/2 PRICE PLAY
    6 Sensible Thoughts 5
    9 Party Dancer 6
    2 Ten Count Out 8
    1 Lady Lemon Drop 8
    5 K P Pergoliscious 12
    7 Halo Girl 30
    DEL MAR RACE 6
    5 San Giorgio 3
    7 Just Hit Play 7/2
    8 Asaltante 4 OVERLAY
    2 All About Trump 8 VALUE PLAY
    3 Jonathantoquick 8
    4 Siculo 10 LONGSHOT
    9 Anvil Rock 10
    1 Poppy's C Note 12
    10 Agronomo 12
    6 Baja Warrior 20
    DEL MAR RACE 7
    6 Donut Girl 2
    1 Helen's Tiger 5/2 $$$ HORSE
    8 Bobbie Lincoln 5 PRICE PLAY
    2 Hailey Rachele 5
    5 Miss Pretty 8
    3 Maycee Jo 12
    4 Warm It Up 12
    7 Meet My Kitty 15
    DEL MAR RACE 8
    6 Palladium 5/2
    4 The Creep 7/2
    5 Boisterous Boy 5 PRICE PLAY
    2 Mr Bingley 5 $$$ HORSE
    8 Flashy Shaq 5
    9 Unplayable 8
    1 Just Isn't Right 20
    3 Rockandahardplace 20
    7 Salah 20
    10 Don Ramon 20
    Last edited by Consensus Choice; 1 week ago.
Working...
X