X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEL MAR "MORNING LINE AND COMMENTS" FOR WEDNESDAY - 8/8/2018

CONSENSUS CHOICE
    AUGUST 8, 2018

Here is the full card in Morning Line order. The ML can be very useful depending on the Track Morning Line maker. However, unless you handicap the races or have a basis of comparison it can be difficult to use profitability. You do have the actual betting to help guide you. Also some of the wagering platforms give you their selections for free.

I can no longer give you my Betting Line or Selections (not by my choice). What I can give you are my Comments on the Morning Line choices. Understand that just because a horse does not receive a comment is not a negative and does not lessen his chances of winning. It only means that his odds of winning seem to be in agreement with his Morning Line. REMEMBER THAT THE TOP 3 ML HORSES OR BETTING FAVORITES USUALLY WIN 2/3 OF ALL THE RACES, SO THEY SHOULD ALWAYS BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Let me explain my terminology in the Comments column. $$$ HORSE means I believe this ML Top 4 horse has an excellent chance to win. OVERLAYmeans that this horse is well regarded by the Morning Line but the Crowd will likely overlook him and he may go off at odds higher than he should. VALUE PLAY means I feel this horse is rated too low in the Morning Line. PRICE PLAY are horses that should exceed there odds and may be worth a small wager and should be an exotics player. LONGSHOT are horses that are 10/1 or higher in the Morning Line that I believe are "live" and have a good shot at finishing in the money and could win at a big price.

As always, Exotic wagering is the best way to make a a big score at the track, however it can be an expensive proposition. It can be helpful to find partners to help you share the risk so you can play more combinations which give you a better chance to hit big payoffs. Whether you prefer Horizontal wagers, (DD or Pick-3.4.5.6) or Vertical wagers (Exactas, Trifectas, Superfectas or Super Hi-5's), make sure you include both highly regarded horses as well as longshots to give you the best chance to make "big" money. The more you follow the crowd, the smaller the payoffs.

Good Luck!

************ ****************************** *************** **************** ******************
    DEL MAR RACE 1
    PG # Horse ML Odds Betting Odds Comments
    5 Believe Indeed 8/5
    7 War Moccasin 3
    3 Royal Asscher 4 $$$ HORSE
    2 Looking At Thelake 4
    1 Lob City 8
    6 Todos Santos 12
    4 Blondy's Reward 20
    ************ ****************************** *************** **************** ******************
    DEL MAR RACE 2
    6 Just Kidding 2
    8 Shackleford Banks 5/2
    3 Above Board 4
    4 Plum Dandy 5
    7 South Americain 6
    2 My Farmer 10 LONGSHOT
    1 Harrovian 15
    5 Gentrified 20
    DEL MAR RACE 3
    1 Oracle of Omaha 5/2
    7 Truck Salesman 3
    4 Hartel 7/2
    8 Flying Scotsman 5 OVERLAY
    6 Seeking Refuge 5
    9 Easy Keeper 10
    2 Calder Vale 12 LONGSHOT
    5 Lincoln City 12
    3 Herdsman 20
    DEL MAR RACE 4
    1 Kelseybelle 3
    4 Irish Cream N Kafe 7/2 $$$ HORSE
    7 Snaked 5 OVERLAY
    10 Pray for Corday 6
    3 Spectacular Storm 6
    2 Tacy 8
    6 Shanghai Tootsie 10 LONGSHOT
    5 Kalsa 20
    8 Two Timing Lucy 20
    9 Tengas Angel 20
    11 Miss Midge 20
    DEL MAR RACE 5
    1 Mongolian Window 2
    4 Marjorie E 5/2 $$$ HORSE
    2 Arrowsphere 4 OVERLAY
    7 Lil Bit Dangerous 8
    5 Married by Now 8
    8 November Tale 10 LONGSHOT
    6 Lethal Legacy 10
    3 Swallows Inn Gal 20
    DEL MAR RACE 6
    10 Jellybeankristine 3
    7 Lakerball 7/2 OVERLAY
    4 Lunagonnamoonya 4
    5 Crosshaven 4
    6 Storms a Brewn 8
    11 She's a Dime 8
    13 Spicy Curry 10
    2 Filthy 12
    1 Morning Press 15
    8 Awepollonia 15
    12 Disco Tale 20 LONGSHOT
    3 Sassy Kitty 20 LONGSHOT
    9 Depende de Ti 20
    14 Great Salvation 30
    DEL MAR RACE 7
    5 River Echo 5/2 $$$ HORSE
    2 Kidmon 3
    1 Canadian Game 7/2 OVERLAY
    4 Super Duper Cooper 4
    3 Divisor 5 VALUE PLAY
    6 Show Me Da Lute 6
    DEL MAR RACE 8
    10 Awesome E K 3 $$$ HORSE
    2 Blaze of Glory 7/2
    3 Spend It 5
    4 Welldidyougetit 5
    11 Brighton Boy 8 VALUE PLAY
    8 Jonas 8
    6 Sterling's Temple 8
    1 June Two Four 20
    7 Starship Chewy 20
    9 Pacific Song 20
    5 Scorpio 30
    Last edited by Consensus Choice; 08-08-2018, 02:51 AM.
Working...
X