No announcement yet.

Suggestion For E-Ponies (New Column)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With late money showing up in the betting win pools after some races have started, even with all the modern technology, it's still a grind; the way I play. Today, I would say MORE horses win at 3/5 than did 15 years ago. I don't have facts to prove that statement, but with a higher % of favorites winning; it seems logical. For me, I have 2 choices : bet or pass the race. Same with buying a car, I hope for value and a well running machine, but I won't buy a car simply because it's cheaper. Horse racing is not a group sport unless trying to hit a big Pick 6 with your buddies and pooling resources for that. I can feel comfortable with a 3/5 shot if it meets, everything I'm seeking in a car... or a racehorse. But my favorite play is when I make a horse 6/5 and the public makes it 3/1.

Comment

One possible improvement to E-Ponies that I feel most subscribers would like is this: Have a screen where the user can sort each of the columns from high to low for the various factors. Now, while I'm a complete ignoramus as to computer technology, I do realize this would require serious work, but would be a wonderful tool from a user standpoint to quickly sort the factors at a glance.

Comment

Working...
      X