No announcement yet.

2017 epfhl ????????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "the Ides of March" has passed and still waiting for news about the ephl🤔

Comment

I would be willing to put something together. No money, just bragging rights. We could start in April, with one of the Derby preps and going most weekends through the Breeders Cup. Anyone willing to help out would be appreciated.

Is there any interest?

Comment

• Canleakid
        Canleakid commented
        Editing a comment
        This from DRB post #14

4 weeks ago
        Actually, Ken had the right idea with the pay 2 plays. I have been playing at Derby Wars for the most part. I see Funky there all the time as well. He does pretty well. I wouldn't mind putting together a little something for the spring. Let's get some ideas together.

See if you or one us can get in touch with DRB and get it going 👍🏼

Wish I was computer literate. Just don't think I could be of help scoring a contest. I WILL play in a league. Thanks, Alydar. Hope you can get this kick-started.

Comment

I will play for free or pay to play !!!!

Comment

I think pay to play is fine, but from what I have seen here, we would probably get 10 to 15 players at best. Not sure if a free contest with no prizes would do much better. Liam's mass emails with prizes offered seem to attract players. Whatever teh consensus is, I am fine with.

Comment

$20.00 to $25.00 entry fee is ok with me

Comment

Guys, and gals........

It's been 6 MONTHS since the 2016 game ended.

How can you all talk about a 2017 league when last year's game hasn't been finalized ???

Comment

Originally posted by DJL9701 View Post
                Guys, and gals........

How can you all talk about a 2017 league when last year's game hasn't been finalized ???

I think at this point, no one has much of an interest in the final results. It should also be pretty obvious there isn't going to be any final results. For those that want to put together any kind of contest, having it fly under the epfhl banner should be a no go. Start somewhere from scratch.

Proud member of the Angry Mob.

Comment

I am sorry to say that you appear to be correct.
                  The various alternatives available now to compete in contests and a site that has lost a lot of its vitality seem to have killed what was a great annual event.
                  All things eventually come to an end, times change. Again, if there is interest in a bragging rights only contest, I am willing to help coordinate.
                  Last edited by alydar; 1 week ago.

Comment

Count me in, it is fun to go against fellow cappers to test your abilities !!

Comment

Originally posted by DJL9701 View Post
                      Guys, and gals........

For one, I still intend to close out last year.

For another there are an infinite number of ways to have a contest this year without last year's results being final. In fact, the two events are pretty much mutually exclusive. But because I think there is legitimate concern over my ability to score and pay out the contest over the long run, I would recommend one of two approaches to mitigate that concern.

1. Run the league without a final league winner. Each week, any contest prize money is paid out for the week. No long term stats to track. Makes it a lot easier on me. For what it is worth, all of the weekly winners from last year have been paid. It is the final scoring that has me hung up right now.

2. Someone step up and offer to track the results over the long run and send me league results at the end. Every participant would have to defer to that individual (within reason) as being the final authority for the results and I pay out based on what they tell me. By the way, this is the arrangement DRB and I had. He sent me an email with the results, I paid them out.

I'm not going to offer up as much prize money in the past because frankly it pisses me off to see bullshit sites like PaceAdvantage frothing with all the comments and activity even though he does not give back shit to his members while I only get activity for the league. If my forum were more active all year long, I'd be more interested in giving some back during league play.

(Note: E-Ponies.com dwarfs PaceAdvantage in terms of overall site activity because I offer a lot of great content. But their forum is much more active than mine.)

Comment

I would be interested in either fee or no fee league - either single or team concept is also okay

Comment

'i' would like to enter as well...lol...perhaps e-mail all the members to find out who is interested and also ask members to ask persons at other sites like upinclass or face book etc if there is interest ...lol..etc..first 'we' must set up the contest and 'i' will be happy to keep score but there must be a cut off time to place the selections...say we start with the kentucky derby and play all graded races for the entire year there after selecting one horse in each race and an alternative and a month end prize pay out if prizes are made available...and an entry fee of say 10.00 per person per month so it would help if many enter and those who enter do not need to select a horse in every race but will receive an auto selection if they go on holidays or for other reasons not be able to enter a selection....'ME' thinks that these persons will get the post 1 and post 2 as the alternative in any such race or the lowest two post horses running in the same order...and scoring will be by the final results 3 points for a win 2 for a place 1 for a show..dead heats will receive said points...etc...

Comment

Originally posted by bpiets View Post
                            'i' would like to enter as well...lol...perhaps e-mail all the members to find out who is interested and also ask members to ask persons at other sites like upinclass or face book etc if there is interest ...lol..etc..first 'we' must set up the contest and 'i' will be happy to keep score but there must be a cut off time to place the selections...say we start with the kentucky derby and play all graded races for the entire year there after selecting one horse in each race and an alternative and a month end prize pay out if prizes are made available...and an entry fee of say 10.00 per person per month so it would help if many enter and those who enter do not need to select a horse in every race but will receive an auto selection if they go on holidays or for other reasons not be able to enter a selection....'ME' thinks that these persons will get the post 1 and post 2 as the alternative in any such race or the lowest two post horses running in the same order...and scoring will be by the final results 3 points for a win 2 for a place 1 for a show..dead heats will receive said points...etc...
                            bpets your idea sound good so count me in!!!!
                            Last edited by arsignman; 5 days ago.

Comment

i m sorry to disagree with grindstone but i won week 13 and wasnt paid

Comment

Working...
                              X